2010/09/24

Capture Brooklyn


Posted by Stefan Falke

I went to Dumbo last night to see the Capture Brooklyn show at The PowerHouse Arena (37 Main Street in Dumbo, Brooklyn, Sept.24- Oct. 15). The house was packed !! and the show's format a little overwhelming, many great photographs were hidden amongst mediocre ones. And looking at the over-loaded walls I did not always feel BROOKLYN. But I love the idea, here a quote from the organizer: "Capture Brooklyn, a new initiative by the New York Photo Festival, is a juried exhibition of contemporary photography that seeks to capture the spirit and essence of Brooklyn as a way of promoting and celebrating New York-based photographers."








Before I went home (well, I also live in Brooklyn) I took my own Brooklyn picture, below (800 ASA in a small camera just isn't doing the job !)

Keine Kommentare: