2012/07/23

The destruction of Williamsburg


Andreas, what is happening to my neighborhood ? Taking this picture a few days ago I had to think about Su Friedrich's documentary 'Gut Renovation', a film about the destruction of the old Williamsburg, Brooklyn. And the replacement with sheer ugliness. (Sue managed to make a funny film about a sad situation). They call it development, if they only would replace old buildings with good looking and affordable new ones, but here we get plastered with those nondescript glass houses that I could not imagine living in. Well, maybe if you paid me ...

3 Kommentare:

คนหลังเขา hat gesagt…

just my way! thank you
http://growinglemons.blogspot.com

Unknown hat gesagt…

It really superb post thanks for share you just keep up the good work.
Attorney Internet Marketing

Idrees khan hat gesagt…

I have not seen like this post bundles of thanks i hope you will share more like this.
classified sites